Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 13: Falling in love with this invite???

I've been commissioned to make some invitations for a house warming party. They hadn't really thought of a theme, so I suggested "Come FALL in love with out house". *I ripped the idea off of my cousin's wedding last fall, been sitting on the ideas until now. --Let me also say-- I've always wanted a fall themed or winter themed wedding. So-- this appeals to me highly.

I used a cream color vellum to lay over scrapbooking paper layers. I also Gold dry brushed the bottom layer as well as the vellum. I decided to rip the bottom edge and gold tip it as was well .

Usually I would tie it all together with raffia, but suddenly I got this great idea.. sewing machine!
I bought some fall leaves at the dollar store (150 for a buck) and I decided to sew them to the top. Cute huh?? This was my sample to show them before I started the printing. The one thing that I wanted to change: the thread color. It's now gold. I thought it needed to be a little less harsh.

I'm pretty happy with the finished product.






No comments:

Post a Comment